Discontinued ProhormonesThe following prohormones are no longer manufactured. There are no legitimate versions in the marketplace, although you might find some for sale on eBay. There are slaso some clones available, where the chemical signature has slightly altered, yet are claimed to provide the same effects.
Pheraplex was a brand name of the supplement company Anabolic Xtreme (AX) and was also sold by Competitive Edge Labs as P-Plex and Phera-Vol by EST.
- Dosage: Typically dosed at 20-30mg a day.
- Effects: Gains tend to be 'wet', meaning much of the weight gain is due to water retention. Given this, P-Plex is often used to gain mass quickly.
- Side effects: Risky for anyone with a proclivity for gynecomastia. The use of an estrogen blocker is highly recommended. Pheraplex is considered to be both hepatoxic and damaging to lipid levels.
Brought to the market by Bioscience Technologies
Ergomax LMG (17-methyl-delta-2-etioallocholane & 17-methyl-delta-3-etioallocholane)
- Dosage: Usually dosed at 6-12mg daily.
- Effects: Despire its androgenic profile, not a strong bulker unless doses are pushed high. In this respect it is similar to AAS (anabolic androgenic steroids) such as Masteron and Proviron.
- Side effects: Androgenic side effects such as hair loss are frequently reported. Many users also report a damaging effect on libido.
Introduced by ALRI, this is another 'wet' prohormone.
11-Oxo (andrenosterone, 11-oxo-androstenedione)
- Dosage: 20-40mg daily.
- Effects: Similar to Pheraplex. Useful for gaining mass quickly, even if the visual appearance won't be the best.
- Side effects: Can cause gynecomastia. Using an estrogen blocker a wise option. Can have a detrimental effect on liver and lipid values. Cycles should be kept short.
11-Oxo was introduced by Ergopharm by Patrick Arnold, who first brought prohormones to the bodybuilding world. 11-Oxo is well regarded for its ability to lower cortisol levels.
Propadrol (12-ethyl-3-methoxy-gona-diene / 6-17 dihydroxyetiocholove-3-ol proponate)
- Dosage: 300-600mg a day with 450mg typical.
- Effects: Used mainly as a recomposition agent and to promote fat loss. 11-OXO is also a good choice for individuals looking to stack one prohormone with another.
- Side effects: Although it can cause the same side effects as other prohormones, it is considered very mild in this regard. A good choice for people looking to lose weight and experience minimal side effects.
Developed by EST Nutrition.
- Dosage: Typical dosaeg is 90mg a day.
- Effects: Reputed to be good for reducing body fat and promoting rapid strength and muscle gains.
- Side effects: Relatively mild, although those with a proclivity for gyno or other androgenic side effects should exercise caution.
ALRI introduced this compound/
Max LMG (13-ethyl-3methoxygona-2, 5(10)-dien-17-one)
- Dosage: 3-6mg daily by most users.
- Effects: Reviews are mixed. Those reporting positice results claim very good muscle and strength gains as well as a reduction in body fat.
- Side effects: Being both quite androgenic and estrogenic, it should be used with caution. Remedies to combat hair loss and gyno should be considered.
Yet another product by ALRI.
3-AD (2-androstenol acetate)
- Dosage: Usually dosed at around 100mg a day.
- Effects: Max LMG can cause rapid "wet" gains due to its progestogenic nature. Great for those needing fast weight gain and unconcerned about looking smooth or fat.
- Side effects: Avoid this is you are worried about a quality-looking physique, gynecomastia, or hair loss. This is also very expensive! And anti-estrogen is definitely a good idea to combat estrogenic effects.
Anabolic Xtreme formulated this and brought it to market.
- Dosage: Usually dosed at around 4-6 capsules a day. 3-AD contains other nutrients, but the active prohormone is 2-androstenol acetate.
- Effects: Effective mass gainer. Gains are a little wet, but not too bad for those worried about estrogen.
- Side effects: Estrogenic and androgenic side effects remain a possibility.
Dymethazine, also known as Dimethazine, is a DHT derived compound with an interesting chemical structure. It is essentially a double bonded Superdrol, with an Azine bridge. A relatively recent introduction to the prohormone world by I Force Nutrition, Dymethazine is a product that has attracted a great deal of interest given its unique chemical structure.
The One (17a-methyl-etioallocholan-17b-ol-3-hydroxyimine)
- Dosage: 30 - 60mg a day
- Effects: Users of this compound reported similar effects to those seen in Superdrol. Not all users report positive effects.
- Side Effects: Although not having any estrogenic action, Dymethazine use poses the same issue of liver toxicity and androgenic effects as other prohormones.
The One was developed by Applied Nutriceuticals and is a prohormone of Dihydrotestosterone.
1,4 AD Bold 200 (1, 4 Androstadiene-3, 17- Dione 200mg)
- Dosage: 67.5 to 90mg daily (3-4 caps)
- Effects: Being a prohormone to DHT, The One is notably androgenic, resulting in dry, muscle gains with an absence of water retention and solid gains in strength.
- Side Effects: The One can be tough on the hairline, as DHT is the hormone most responsible for hair loss. As it does not convert to estrogen or progesterone, side effects related to those should not be an issue. Liver toxicity could be concern and liver health support supplements are recommended.
Made by I Force Nutrition, 1,4 Bold 200 is a precursor to the compound Boldenone (Equipoise) which has a very long history of use in bodybuilding circles and is highly regarded for its ability to increase muscle mass with minimal side effects.
Furazadrol (5a-androstano(2,3-c) furazan-17b-tetrahydropyranol ether - 50mg)
- Dosage: from 400 to 1,000mg a day
- Effects: Bold 200 is non-methylated, making it popular for newcomers. Users typically notice improved muscle gains which come steadily and less dramatically than with other, stronger compounds, as well as improved appetite and an increase in vascularity.
- Side Effects: There is a comparatively low risk of both androgenic or estrogenic side effects. As a non-methylated prohormone, a good choice for those concerned with liver health. Good for use by more experienced users in a stack with stronger prohormones.
Furazadrol was developed by Axis Labs as an alternative to methylated prohormones. As a non-methylated compound, it has a reputation of being very safe and is often used by beginners.
(Excerpted from Prohormones - a Comprehensive Guide, by Reggie Johal
Comments on Discontinued Prohormones
- Dosage: 200-400mg a day.
- Effects: Furazadrol has a high anabolic to androgenic ration meaning muscle gains with low risk of androgenic side effects. It does not convert to estrogen, so gains tend to be lean, with an absence of water retention.
- Side Effects: A low risk of side effects, this is often used in a stack with another prohormones.
No comments have been entered!
only members can add new comments