Currently Available ProhormonesSince the banning of many prohormone compounds in 2005, supplement companies have worked hard to create products that provide an anabolic effect while at the same time complying with the requirements of the law. As a result, there are now a number of products on the market that have been around for some time and have a good reputation with bodybuilders and athletes.
Halodrol- 50 (4-chloro-17a-methyl-1,4-diene-3,17 diol)
Halodrol-50 was introduced by Gaspari Nutrition and is a prosteroid of Turinabol, the banned East German designer steroid. This means it converts to Turinabol once ingested. Although Halodrol is no longer available, there are generic clones available such as Halo-Plex, H-Drol, Halovar, or Hemadrol.
- Dosage: Typical dose is 50mg a day although advanced users mayb go as high as 75mg.
- Effects: Solid gains in muscle and strength. Often taken while cutting to help preserve muscle mass.
- Side effects: Can be stressful on the liver and can raise blood pressure in some users.
RPN's Havoc and IBE's Epistane were introduced at practically the same time and are considered interchangeable. However, it should be noted that even when products are identical, individual results can vary based on the quality of the compound, the manufacturing process and other factors.
Note that the compound used for Havoc and Epistane is written differently although they are the same: 2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-5a-androstan-17b-ol 2 (Havoc), and 2, 3a-epithio-17a-methyletioallo cholan-17b-ol (Epistane).
Delta 2 (Delta-2 Androstenone)
- Dosage: Usually in the 20-50mg range, with 30mg a day being the most common.
- Effects: Good for promoting solid, lean muscle gains with significant strength gains. Induces a reduction in estrogen, leading to a drier physique and contributing to the vascularity users typically report. Havoc and Epistane are also sometimes used to combat gynecomastia as they act as an anti-estrogen. Endogenous testosterone levels are less suppressed by this compound than other prohormones.
- Side effects: Less hepatoxic and damaging to lipid levels than other orals, but the usual androgenic side effects associated with prohormones remain a possibility.
This product produces relatively dry gains and shows a remarkable lack of side effect. It is three times as anabolic as it is androgenic.
- Dosage: Trials on male subjects revealed dosages of 150-300 mg a day are effective, with particularly profound results being seen at 450-600 mg a day.
- Effects: Most Delta 2 users can expect steady, consistent gains in lean body mass which should be easy to maintain. As a non-methylated compound, Delta 2 is an excellent choice for stacking or for those who want to avoid liver toxicity issues.
- Side Effects: Side effect risks are low risk with Delta 2, but as with any prohormone there remains a possibility for some androgenic sides.
Sold by a number of different brands, Estrabolan is Brinkwelton Pharma's version of this compound. This product has Dienolone as a target hormone and is non-methylated, making it safer on the liver and an excellent choice as part of a prohormone stack.
- Dosage: Tren needs to be dosed relatively high, with cycles typically 4-7 weeks in length. Dosage for new users should be 60 - 90mg dailt, with experienced users dosing 90 - 120mg daily. Regardless of experience we donít believe users should experiment with dosages any higher than 120mg.
- Effects: Estrabolan is well suited to athletes looking for muscle gains with an increase in vascularity and strength that compare in similarity to the compound Trenbolone. It is a noted lean mass builder.
- Side Effects: Can negatively impact libido.
Cynostane is a new prohormone made from an alteration of the superdrol compound, with a cyano bond instead of the 2a methyl superdrol bond.
- Dosage: Most common dosage is 30mg daily, with some users going to 40mg.
- Effects: Cynostane is an extremely anabolic compound with low androgenic action, making it similar in action to Oxandrolone or Methenolone (Primobolan). It is non-aromatizing, meaning it won't produce estrogen mediated side effects. Its high degree of anabolic action makes it a good choice for athletes concerned with losing bodyfat while maintaining or increasing muscle mass. Current feedback reports potent recomposition effects, making it ideal for cutting. If used for bulking, calories would need to be increased considerably.
- Side Effects: Bloodwork shows Cynostane has less negative imapct on blood lipids and liver values than superdrol. Although still fairly new, the combination of low androgenic action, lack of aromatization to estrogen, and low level of general health effects, makes cynostane an interesting newcomer.
Protodrol was introduced by I Force Nutrition as a less toxic compound than some of the older prohormones on the market.
- Dosage: 50-75mg a day.
- Effects: Protodrol is considered a potent mass builder, with a low incidence of sides, being less impactful on both liver and lipid profiles. As it does not convert to estrogen, Protodrol will promote muscle and strength gains with an absence of water retention. It's a very versatile compound which can be used for bulking, recompositioning and cutting depending on caloric intake suring the cycle.
- Side Effects: Protodrol was designed specifically to provide a bulking compound with a low risk of sides. The only sides you could expect would be those associated with all prohormone products.
Superdrol was introduced by Designer Supplements, the old name for Driven Sports, and earned a reputation as a very powerful product. Although it is no longer made by Driven Sports, there are several clones on the market.
- Dosage: 10 - 20mg daily.
- Effects: Good lean mass gainer with effective repartitioning effects.
- Side Effects: Notably hepatoxic and androgenic. Can aggravate hair loss. Highly recommended to stack this product with a Liver Support product and recommeded for shorter runs of 3 weeks, not to exceed 4.
M-1,4ADD was recently reintroduced by Competitive Edge Labs and is from the old school of prohormones. It's a classic wet bulker which converts after ingestion into Methandrostenolone, better known as Dianabol. A clone of M-1,4ADD that is still available is M1-D by Hard Rock Supplements.
(Excerpted from Prohormones - a Comprehensive Guide, by Reggie Johal)
Comments on Currently Available Prohormones
- Dosage: 90 - 120mg daily, not to exceed 150mg daily (experienced users only)
- Effects: A good choice for rapid mass and strength gains, but the gains will tend to cause smoothness due to water retention.
- Side effects: This compound can promote both androgenic and estrogenic side effects so anyone with a predisposition to hair loss or gynecomastia should probably avoid this. If taking, an estrogen blocker is recommended.
Comment by mickey on 7/22/2016 7:04:00 PM
are there prohormones available anywhere these days?
only members can add new comments